Monday, February 9, 2015

This Old Knife

Digging up old knives is my passion! I always have my eye out during my daily travels.

Last Saturday I found these two knives:



Cattaraugus Chef's Knife and Cattaraugus Slicer Knife
These are stamped Cattaraugus. I believe that Cattaraugus was in business from 1890 until 1963, based in Little Valley, New York. The top knife is a 8" chef's knife, the lower knife is a slicer knife. They are carbon steel knives, and I believe that the handles are made of Bakelite. These are stamped knives.




Cattaraugus Knives
Here is a closeup of the Cattaraugus name stamped onto these knives.




Robinson Carbon Steel Chef's Knife
Here is a Robinson carbon Steel chef's knife. Made in the USA, and I believe it is carbon steel and then plated. There is rust coming through the finish, that I what makes me feel that it is plated. This is a full tang stamped knife.



Robinson Chef's Knife and Original Chipboard Sheath
Here is the Robinson knife photographed with its original paper sleeve or sheath as you wish.



Sabatier Forged Carbon Steel Chef's Knife
This beauty is a forged carbon steel knife made by Sabatier. It is forged (I believe) but the bolster is not forged, it is a cast piece that was soldered to the knife.


Dufresne & Co La Trompette Forged Chef's Knife

This knife is marked Dufresne & Co La Trompette, and marked France. It is a forged carbon steel chef's knife.

I must have much more to post. Let me find some more pictures and get back to this!






No comments:

Post a Comment