Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yes, I Sharpen Serrated Knives, Cutco Knives and Shun Knives

A question I am asked pretty much every day is "Do you sharpen X?" with X being either serrated knives or a particular brand of knife.

The answer is a resounding "YES!"

Asking about serrated knives is probably the most asked question, and yes, I do sharpen serrated knives.

Tormek Grinder and Hand Tools
The picture above shows a Tormek machine and a tool box filled with an assortment of tools. Many serrated knives have the serrations on one side of the knife, and a straight bevel on the other side, the bevel being the angled section of the knife that becomes the cutting edge. 

Serrated knives that have the smooth bevel would have that smooth bevel ground. After the smooth bevel is ground, and on knives without the straight bevel — I choose the appropriate hand tool to sharpen the actual serrations. I select from a variety of round and round tapered files, coarse to fine grits — selecting the best tool for that particular knife.

Freshly Sharpened Cutco Knives
The next question that I want to answer is do you sharpen Cutco knives, or Shun knives or Wusthof knives, or Henckel Knives, or... well you get the picture.

The answer is yes I do. Whatever brand of knives you bring me, I will sharpen them while you wait or shop, I will sharpen them properly, quickly and nicely! 

Some knives are sharpened to a different bevel angle, Shun and Global are two good examples, and that is no problem. I sharpen Global and Shun to the recommended bevel angle. 

By request I can pretty much put any angle on any knife.

Sharpened Hedge Clippers, Loppers and Pruners
The above picture shows some garden tools that I have sharpened. In this tray is a hedge clipper, a grass clipper, a large lopper and a hand pruner. I sharpen all common garden tools, including chain saws and rotary lawn mowers.

I do have to say no I don't sharpen to some requests. I don't sharpen reel lawn mowers, and toothed hand saws.

I am a mobile business, stops in Northern California cities of San Jose, Campbell, San Bruno and Pleasanton. Visit my web site for more information here.






No comments:

Post a Comment