Sunday, December 8, 2013

Boy Scout Camp Knife Estate Sale Find

I seem to not be able to pass up a lonely knife sitting in a box in a dusty garage or wherever...


Boy Scout Camp Knife
I picked up two knives — a giant old carbon steel butcher knife made by Village Blacksmith, and this Boy Scout camp knife.

This knife is made by Ulster in the USA.


Ulster Boy Scout Knife
This is a camp knife, has a blade, can and bottle opener, and an awl or reamer.


Boy Scout Knife
Here is the knife opened.

I decided to clean it up and put it for sale on eBay.


I just took pictures of the Village Blacksmith knife.


Village Blacksmith Butcher Knife
The coins in the picture are dimes, to show you how large the knife is. Village Blacksmith was located in Watertown, Wisconsin and was in business until the 1960s.



Village Blacksmith Butcher Knife
So, I cleaned this knife up a bit, and now what? I have a lot of knives, I guess I will put this knife in a box with a bunch of his friends. *sigh*





No comments:

Post a Comment