Thursday, September 17, 2015

Added Vintage Knives to My Mobile Knife Sharpening Booth's 'Knives For Sale' Table

I have finally found some nice vintage knives during my tour of estate sales and thrift shops.


Vintage Carbon Steel Case XX Chef's Knife
Here is a vintage carbon steel chef's knife made by Case XX. Carbon steel will rust and stain, so Case XX chrome plated these knives to protect the metal. This is a big 10" chef's knife, and it still has the original chipboard sheath.

There are a lot of collectors of vintage carbon steel knives — but I don't think that the chrome plated ones are as desired. Time will tell.


Vintage Case XX Steak Knife Set
Here is a six piece set of steak knives, Case XX brand. I sharpened them, cleaned and oiled the wood — and listed them on eBay.


Vintage Forged Mundial Knive Set
Here is a beautiful set of kitchen knives. They are made by Mundial, they are forged stainless steel with wood handles.

I sharpened them, oiled the handles and sold them at my Lunardi's San Bruno mobile knife sharpening stop.


Gerber Touché Belt Buckle Knife
I came across this vintage Gerber belt buckle knife, Gerber Touché. The metal knife locks into the plastic belt buckle. This picture shows the knife blade inserted into the cavity of the belt buckle. Once the blade is in place you swing the blade around past that metal pin that is visible to lock and hold the knife in place.


Gerber Touché Belt Buckle Knife
Here the handle has been swung closed and in the normal wear position.


Gerber Touché Belt Buckle Knife
This is the opened knife and the belt buckle. There is a half moon stud on the back of the knife that fits in the opening of the belt buckle, and when the knife is rotated the stud locks the blade in place.


Gerber Touché Belt Buckle Knife
Here is the back side view of both pieces.

I tried to sell this little guy on eBay, but eBay had a really hissy fit and took the posting off. I now have it on my used knife table.










No comments:

Post a Comment